Step One - Seeing is believing - You get what you teach - Set written goals for each player!
1.Pics of Each Player - Front-Back-Side
2. Body Ht___ Body Wt____ Re-Check Each Month
3. Body Measurements - Goals for Each Month
1/2 to 1 Inch A. Neck ___
1/4 Inch to 1/2 inch B. Biceps Rt___ Lt___
1/4 Inch C. Forearms Rt___ Lt___
1/4 Inch D. Wrist Rt___ Lt___
1 to 2 Inches E. Chest ___
1 to 2 Inches F. Waist ___
1 to 2 Inches G. Hips___
1 to 2 Inches H. Thighs Rt___ Lt___
1/4 to 1/2 Inches I. Calves Rt___ Lt___
Step Two - Growth is a function of Smart, Intense Work + Variety of Stimulation + Diet = Positive Growth
1. Intense Contractions of muscle or groups of muscles is the key - Reps only significant when hard contractions are involved
2. Variety can be accomplished by - Full Body Workout 3 times a week or Split Work Outs 4 times a week - Many other simple ways to do this!
3. Diet - Most neglected part of training
A. Diary - Each player should establish an eating and workout diary - Written goals are 60% more achievable than unwritten goals (Bo's law)
B. Basal Metabolism established with 3 days of normal eating!
C. To Lose or Gain - Increase 500 Cals up or down 500 from the Basal Metabolism
D. Balanced Meals - Minimum junk food - Most junk food/fast food has a lot of hidden sugar content
E. 5 to 6 meals a day - Balance Fruit-Vegetables-Dairy-Meat-Fish-Vegetables!!!
4. Rest - Need a minimum of 8 hours a night to Grow Right!
Step Three - Proper warm-up! Get overall body warmed-up. All joints! All muscles!
1. Dynamic Stretch - refer to Jump Stretch Flyer
2. Dynamic Movement - Use position specific movements
Note - Use One 50 lb light (Jump Stretch) band purple or two 25 lb mini bands red
Step Four Strength Workout - Total Body - Refer to Videos (Coach Bill Jacobs on YouTube or http://www.coachbilljacobs.com/) Posture + Integration = Performance
1. Neck - Flexion and Extension - Scapulas Back
2. Neck - Triceps - Scapulas Back
3. Traps - Biceps - Scapulas Back
4. Shoulders - Push Press - Power Clean????--Scapulas Back
5. Chest - Bench - Inclines - Declines - Scapulas Back
6. Back - Bent Over rows - Scapulas Back
7. Back - Deadlift - Scapulas Back
8. Legs- Squats - Quads - Glutes - Hams - Scapulas Back
NOTE - Home work Assignment - Learn to contract muscles of the body - Contraction + Integration = Power
NOTE - Use one 25lb mini red band or 10lb micro orange band for Upper Body. Use two 25lb or one 50lb for the lower body
Note - Start with 3 sets of 6 reps and work to three sets of 10 reps
Step Five - Resistance Training - two light bands together - 50lb purple
1. Running Form Forward
2. Lateral Shuffles Rt and Lt
3. Running Form Backwards
4. Hip Turns Forward & Back - Right to Left
Contact me at http://www.coachbilljacobs.com/ with questions or for equipment needs