Current information is showing a great increase in Shoulder Issues!!!
The Reasons are Multiple
1. Change in Lifting and/or Exercise Techniques taught or not taught - particularly where hands and arms are involved
2. Overuse - Improper maintenance
3. Lack of variety of movements. For example - Very few people do actual physical work, and have little to no participation in sports or physical activities.
4. Lack of Proper Training Protocol - Most programs are still, after all these years, Anterior Chain Dominant!
5. Training is resistance focused, not movement focused
Areas of Movement Development for Shoulder Prehab & Rehab
1.Scapula -Rotation and Retraction - Note* Thumbs Up, In, and DowN
2.Deltoid Development - Anterior, Medial, Posterior, Note*Thumbs Up , In and Down
3.Shoulder Rotation Inward and Outward/Up & Down - Down & UP- Note*using multiple planes - Note* Use Arm and Hand Rotation
4.Trapezoids- Elevation and retraction Note* variety of shrugs and upright row movements- Note* Multiple Planes
5.Neck –Flexion-Extension-Rotation - Spiral!
6.Lats –Retraction, Flexion & Extensions!
7.Stretching & Tractioning of the Shoulder
8. Compression for Circulation
KEY COACHING POINTS
1. Movement Patterns - Remember Body moves in Converging - Diverging Patterns as well as rotational and spiral Note * Use Them!
2.Integrate muscle groups - Search for the muscles that work in a movement - Make them all Work!
3.Powerful and Perfect Reps - Not Momentum and Ballistic moves to get a rep!
4.Muscle Growth Occurs when Variety is used and Resistance is used and Increased. **Note*** Proper eating must feed the growth!
NOTE! IT IS NOT ABOUT THE WEIGHT ! IT IS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE WORK !