COMBO TRAINING OF THE NECK AND THE BICEPS - USING JUMP STRETCH BANDS
A. Hold at full contraction and double set the full contracted position
We strive to be the ultimate resource for weight rooms and fitness facilities. We feature the highest quality products from Infinity Flooring, Rae Crowther, Iron Grip, Jump Stetch Bands, Woodway Treadmills, Alpha Dog Sports and others. Visit our website at www.coachbilljacobs.com for more information on products, coaching tips, and to sign up for our newsletter.
TEST TEST TEST
1. Test - Determine EMPHASIS!
Note: You GET WHAT YOU STRESS especially if you test!
2. Test - Your players for their TOTAL learning and understanding!
Note: Have them run the practice - run the drill - run group - run the team, etc.
*Having to TEACH IT requires you to learn the subject inside and out!
3. Test - DAILY to find out your teaching, and their learning weaknesses before its game day and it is too late!
Note: Daily tests and evaluations make Friday nights and Saturdays a vacation
4. Test - Should be PHYSICAL AND MENTAL INVOLVEMENT even in the classroom!
Note: Put them on the board, make them take notes, and keep a notebook.
*Read and Write - It sharpens them for the Fight!
5. Test - for feedback
Note: COMMUNICATION is King
TEACHING IS THE GREATEST WAY TO OBTAIN THE ULTIMATE MASTERY OF THE SUBJECT
TRAPS AND BICEPS-key coaching points to be used with my TRAP AND BICEP VIDEO!(click to watch)
1. AREAS you should target - If you don't feel the muscles, you can't grow them!
C. All other muscles should be activated at one time or another as you change positions and movements. This is Ground Base Training at its best!
2. ACTIONS - NOTE POWER OF CONTRACTION SHOULD BE MAXIMAL regardless of the size band you are using.
A. TRAP SHRUGS 1.ELBOWS BACK and beyond the sides. Pull them to the ears/ Keep Traps Re-Tracked/ Bicep Curl!
B. TRAP SHRUGS 2.ELBOWS AT THE SIDE /Bicep Curl and Shrug / Bring the Medial Delts to the ears
C. BICEP CURL ONLY 3./ELBOWS REST ON THE RIBS /Bicep Curl your hands to your ears /Rotate the thumb out and the little finger in
A. Rotate Right or Left and hold that position and repeat the above movements
B. Rotated Right and Left repeating the above actions
C. Thumb Position - Keep Changing - Thumbs up - Thumbs facing Palm Down - Thumbs out- Rotate thumbs through all three positions
D . Alternate BICEPS -Curling Right then Left
4. KEY COACHING POINTS
A.. Pressure through the inside of your heels as much as possible !
B.. Keep your Scapulas re-tracked and you will feel all the muscles in the body/ Power Center/ Ground Base!
TACTILE LEARNING- DEMONSTRATION PLUS TRYING & FEELING ! FEEL IT TO ACHIEVE IT !!
1. TEACH THE WHOLE TO PART SKILL IE. FUNDAMENTAL THEN [ BREAK IT DOWN AND TEACH IT A PART BACK TO THE WHOLE]!
NOTE KEEP REPEATING WHOLE TO PART AND PART TO WHOLE !
2. TEACH THEM TO DO THE TASK PRECISELY [QUICK AND PRECISE NOT FAST AND FRIVOLOUS ]
3. TEACH THEM TO DO THE SKILL IN SLOW MOTION [FEEL EACH PART OR STEP]
4. TEACH THEM TO DO SKILLS FROM THE PROPER POSITION IE POSTURE TO ACHIEVE PROPER EXECUTION [ POSITON+ POSTURE= PERFORMANCE ]
5. TEACH PERFECT REPS [NEVER REPEAT MISTAKES, CORRECT BY OVER CORRECTION OR UNDER CORRECTION ]
NOTE : FOR EVERY BAD HABIT IT TAKES 5000 REPS TO CORRECT IT !!!!!
TEACHING NEEDS TO BE LEARNER ORIENTED !!!!
NO. 2 AUDITORY PRINCIPLE
1. CREATE CORRECT VERBAL VISIONS – THEIR MENTAL PICTURE OF THE TOPIC AND YOURS MUST BE THE SAME
2. DO NOT TELL THEM WHAT NOT TO DO EX- YOU ARE TOO HIGH!
3. DO NOT TELL THEM WHAT TO DO EX- STAY LOW !
4. DO TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW TO DO IT EX- LOWER YOUR HIPS /BEND YOUR KNEES/BE SPECIFIC !
5. HAVE THEM TEACH THE SUBJECT – THIS WILL TELL YOU IF THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO KNOW !
COACHING IS TEACHING AT IT’S BEST! BO KNOWS
1. Do you Maximize VISUAL LEARNING ??? The number one thing to check out about your practice plan is proper use of visual learning.
2. Do you video team, group, ,INDIVIDUAL, drills everyday????
3 . Do you train your players on how to watch a game/practice film?
4. Do you video the weight room? Do the players watch and grade themselves?
5. Do you have the players grade themselves on practice?